Refurbishments & Fit-Out
Fit-Out Services – Creative. On time. On budget.
What is an office fit-out?
An office fit-out is when we take a building or space within a building from four walls to a functioning space for your business. Fit-outs may require some building and utilities services to make the space habitable as a workspace.
An office refurbishment is redesigning an existing workspace. The space may be reconfigured requiring some building and utilities services, but the focus is more on design than build. For design, please take a look at our Design Services page.
A fit-out project can seem overwhelming which is why partnering with the right company is an important decision.
All Quantum2 office and workplace fit-outs are expertly project managed by qualified and dedicated trade professionals who ensure critical deadlines are always met, quality standards are upheld, and the project is delivered to our client’s expectations.
What do category A and category B mean?
Category A and category B terms are widely used and accepted definitions of the two types of fit-out services available to landlords, developers and tenants and businesses alike. The categories are designed to describe certain sets of criteria for developing a property to a state ready for occupation.
Let us explain what they mean..
Category A typically includes:
- Mechanical & electrical (M&E services)
- Plumbing, heating & air conditioning
- Raised floors and suspended ceilings
- Suitable finishes to internal surfaces
Category B typically includes:
- Reception areas
- Kitchen and breakout areas
- Partition and glazed walls for cellular offices and meeting rooms
- Specialist lighting
- Installation of furniture and storage systems
- Installation of I.T. equipment, printers and copiers
- Installation of audio visual (AV) equipment
- Network infrastructure and further M&E work
- Interior finishes and any features such as acoustic solutions, carpets, flooring, artwork and planters
- Other fixtures and fittings
Category B fit outs typically follow category A and are to your individual requirements and specifications.
If you have an upcoming fit-out project, then speak with the experts. We’d love to help you turn four walls into a stunning bespoke office space - get in touch with us today!